ALL TEAMS MUST COMPLETE MANDATORY ONLINE CHECK-IN
Step 1: CHECK-IN UPLOADED Documents VIA GOTSOCCER
- Deadline: All deadlines are stated under Important Dates section of the website (Pacific Time) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Teams that complete online registration will receive a Confirmation Email. Confirmation Email will be sent to the email address listed as “Primary Contact” for this specific event. Please do not send individual inquiries prior to the deadline.
- ROSTER UPDATES (If applicable):
- IF there are changes to your Roster after the deadline teams MUST notify Gotsoccer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. After confirmation of your initial check-in, your roster is locked and you will need to contact Gotsoccer at email@example.com to confirm your updated roster.
- Online registration documents must include:
- All Players Current Player Cards
- Permission to Travel form – If outside of Region IV (See Commonly Asked Questions)
- Guest Players Forms (Can find on your state association page)
- Competed Letter of Attestation [download here]
- *Do NOT upload your team’s Medical Releases
Directions to Complete Online Check-In:
- Teams must all current player cards, including guest player cards [SCAN FRONT].
- Jersey Numbers MUST be added for all players
- Submission process:
- SCAN each document.
- SAVE each document type as an individual PDF as they will be uploaded separately.
- Please use descriptive titles so you will know which files to upload.
- Please upload all player cards as one PDF document.
- UPLOAD the documents to GotSoccer
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I add a guest player?
Step 1: OBTAIN the guest player’s card and medical release form.
Step 2: Upload the image of the player cards with the others into GotSoccer.
Step 3: SCAN and COMBINE into a PDF document (online uploading).
IMPORTANT: GUEST PLAYERS MUST BE REGISTERED TO THE SAME ASSOCIATION AS THE TEAM. YOU MAY NOT MIX US CLUB AND USYS REGISTERED PLAYERS. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE REGISTERED TO THE SAME ASSOCIATION.
Can I have different player passes from different organizations?
NO. ALL PLAYERS must have a valid pass from the association that the team is registered with. Each association is required to provide its own excess medical coverage. If you have questions, please refer to your team’s registered association.
How do I add a guest player after I submitted my online registration?
Contact Gotsoccer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to add guest players online. You will need to upload their player pass into GotSoccer with the others. As well as a guest player form (if needed).
Then you will need to add them to the GotSoccer Roster in your team’s account under the Mayor’s Cup so he matches the uploaded player cards. Please let Gotsoccer know when this has been completed. email@example.com The deadline to make changes is 10 pm on Tuesday night prior to the start of the Tournament weekend.
Permission to travel forms is NOT required for teams in Region IV. OR ANY team checking in with US Club roster/passes.
STEP 2: Matching your GotSoccer roster to your Official USYS / US Club Roster.
Players on your Mayor’s Cup roster are transferred from your main team roster or added as interclub players or guest players. Below are instructions on how to do that, but please note that different states and clubs have different settings so please try to find the help area that pertains to you. The help documents are broken into two different categories, and cover these topics:
- Logging into your team account
- Determine if your account is “Locked” or “Unlocked” (details below)
- How to add players to your GotSoccer Roster
- How to remove players from your GotSoccer Roster
- How to add a “Guest Player” Or “Club Pass Player” from the same club
- How to add a “Guest Player” from a different club
Step 1 – Login to your team account by going to www.GotSoccer.com
Step 2 – Determine if your Club/League/State allows you to add/remove players from your team, or if you can only edit event roster.
To do this click on “Roster” in the grey menu bar, once logged into your team account.
- IF the “Register New Player” button has color, and when you click on it you can add a player, your account Is “UNLOCKED.”
- IF the “Register New Player” button has a grey color, and when you click on it says “This function has been locked by your club” then your account will be considered “Locked” for the purposes of these instructions.
UNLOCKED TEAM INSTRUCTIONS (Steps 3-5): (Locked will be steps 6-7. Both can use step 8 to check rosters.)
Step 1: Click on “Roster” in the grey menu bar, and then select “City of Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup” from the drop-down list.
Step 2: If your roster is correct, click the blue “Generate Roster” button, and you are all set. If you need to add or remove a player use steps 3/4 (NOTE: You will still be able to add a club pass player, guest player, or remove a player in the future so long as it is before the tournament freeze date).
Step 3a: Add a player from your club – If there is a player missing who is from your club, you can add them in one of two ways. FIRST, try searching for the player. To do that click on the “Add Club Pass Player” button in orange. If you find the player you can add them by clicking the “Add” button.
If you found the missing player you can now click the blue “Generate Roster” button and then “Activate” that CP or player onto the roster.
IF the player did not appear in the lookup there could be many reasons including wrong spelling, etc. You can simply “Add” the player to your team since your account is “UNLOCKED.” To do that you just click back on “Roster” in the grey menu bar, then click “Register New Player” and add any players you could not find.
Step 3b: Add a player from a different club – Player’s must go through their individual player account and register for the event as a guest before you will be able to add them. For help on that visit the GotSoccer help article here: Once the player has registered as a guest, click here to view how to find them and add them to your tournament roster.
Step 4 – Now that you have all the players added, you may need to remove one or two that are not playing for you in this tournament, or that are no longer on the team. First, click the blue “Generate Roster” button.
Step 5: You will now see a “Deactivate” button to remove any player from the tournament roster only.
“LOCKED TEAM INSTRUCTIONS”
Your club likely maintains the player’s on your team account, so it should be mostly correct. The steps below will explain how to add a player from the same club, guest player, and “Generate” your roster where you can then also remove and players as needed.
Step 6a– Add a player from your club – You will need to use the orange “Club Pass” button. Once you click on that you can search for the player’s last name, first name, and age. If you find the player click “Add.” If you found the missing player you can now click the blue “Generate Roster” button and then “Activate” that CP or player onto the roster.
Step 6b – Add a player from a different club OR a player that was not found using step 6a – If the player did not appear in the search, it could be because your team is not correctly attached to the club, misspelling, or the player has not been added to the club on the GotSoccer side. You will add those players the same way you add a guest from another club:
Player’s must go through their individual player account and register for the event as a guest before you will be able to add them. For help on that visit the GotSoccer help article here: Once the player has registered as a guest, click here to view how to find them and add them to your tournament roster.
Step 7 – Now that you have all the players added, you may need to remove one or two that are not playing for you in this tournament, or that are no longer on the team. First, click the blue “Generate Roster” button.
Once you click that you can hit “Deactivate” to remove a player from your tournament roster.
Step 8 – **Double-Check Your Team Roster –
Regardless of if your team is “Locked” or “Unlocked” you can check your roster the same way.
Step 1 – Login to your team account
Step 2- Click on “Roster” in the grey menu bar and select “City of Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup” from the drop-down list.
Step 3 – All players you want to appear on the tournament roster should have a blue “P,” orange “CP,” or green “G.” Make sure ALL CP and G players have been added to the tournament roster. Any players that do not have that designation will not appear on the game sheet and will not be able to play.
Example Showing 2/3 players on tournament roster:
Example showing all 3 players on tournament roster: