Mayor’s Cup Girls Weekend Credentials Check Instructions
Date of Event: February 22-24th 2019
ALL TEAMS MUST COMPLETE MANDATORY ONLINE CREDENTIALS CHECK
Step 1: CHECK UPLOADED Documents VIA GOTSOCCER
- Deadline: Wednesday February 13th, 2019 by 9:00 PM (Pacific Time) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Teams that complete online registration will receive a Confirmation Email by Wednesday February 20that 10:00 p.m. Confirmation Email will be sent to the email address listed as “Primary Contact” for this specific event. Please do not send individual inquiries prior to the deadline.
ROSTER UPDATES (If applicable):
- IF there are changes to your Roster after the Feb 13th deadline teams MUST notify Dominic via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. After confirmation of your initial check-in, your roster is locked and you will need to contact Dominic to confirm your updated roster.
- Online registration documents must include:
- All Players Current Player Cards
- Permission to Travel form – If outside of Region (See Commonly Asked Questions)
- Guest Players Forms (Can find on your state association page)
- *Do NOT upload your team’s Medical Releases
Directions to Complete Online Credentials Check:
- Teams must have all current player cards, including guest player cards [SCAN FRONT]. If you have a guest player, have the coach or team manager of your guest send you an image of their player card.
- Jersey Numbers MUST be added for all players (can be handwritten onto uploaded roster).
- Submission process:
- SCAN each document.
- SAVE each document type as an individual PDF as they will be uploaded separately.
- Please use descriptive titles so you will know which files to upload.
- Please upload all player cards as one PDF document.
- UPLOAD the documents to GotSoccer
- Log in to your team’s GotSoccer page with your username and password.
- Select Tournament name (City of Las Vegas Mayors Cup).
- Select the “Documents” tab.
- Select the labels from the drop-down list in the “Team Document Upload” box and upload the appropriate files.
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I add a guest player?
Step 1: OBTAIN the guest player’s card or an image of the card from the players team manager or coach, and medical release form.
Step 2: Upload the image of the player cards with the others into GotSoccer.
Step 3: SCAN and COMBINE into a PDF document (online uploading).
Can I have different player passes from different organizations?
Mixed rosters will NOTbe allowed – NO exceptions. US Club teams may only take a guest player registered under US Club Soccer. USYSA teams may only take guest players registered with properly stamped USYSA player pass cards. No Birth Certificates will be allowed due to Sanctioning and Insurance policies. ALL PLAYERS must have a valid pass.
How do I add a guest player after I submitted my online registration?
Contact Dominic via email at Dominic@GotSoccer.comto add guest players online. You will need to upload their player pass into GotSoccer with the others. As well as a guest player form (if needed).
Then you will need to add them to the GotSoccer Roster in your team’s account under the Mayors Cup so they match the uploaded player cards. Please let me know when this has been completed. Deadline to make changes is 10pm on Tuesday night prior to the start of the Tournament weekend.
Permission to travel forms are NOT required for teams in the Far West Region (Region IV), OR ANY team checking in with US Club roster/passes.
STEP 2: Your Official Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup GotSoccer Roster
You must create a Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup Roster in your team’s GotSoccer account. Below are instructions on how to do that, but please note that different states and clubs have different settings so please try to find the help area that pertains to you. The help documents are broken into two different categories, and cover these topics:
- Logging into your team account
- Determine if your account is “Locked” or “Unlocked” (details below)
- How to add players to your Mayor’s Cup GotSoccer Roster
- How to remove players from your GotSoccer Roster
- How to add a “Guest Player” Or “Club Pass Player” from the same club
- How to add a “Guest Player” from a different club
Step 1– Login to your team account by going to www.GotSoccer.com
Step 2– Determine if your Club/League/State allows you to add/remove players from your team, or if you can only edit event roster.
To do this click on “Roster” in the grey menu bar, once logged into your team account.
- IF the “Register New Player” button has color, and when you click on it you can add a player, your account Is “UNLOCKED.”
- IF the “Register New Player” button has a grey color, and when you click on it says “This function has been locked by your club” then your account will be considered “Locked” for the purposes of these instructions.
UNLOCKED TEAM INSTRUCTIONS (Steps 3-5): (Locked will be steps 6-7. Both can use step 8 to check rosters.)
Step 1: Click on “Roster” in the grey menu bar, and then select “City of Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup” from the drop down list.
Step 2: If your roster is correct, click the blue “Generate Roster” button, and you are all set. If you need to add or remove a player use steps 3/4 (NOTE: You will still be able to add a club pass player, guest player, or remove a player in the future so long as it is before the tournament freeze date).
Step 3a: Add a player from your club– If there is a player missing who is from your club, you can add them in one of two ways. FIRST try searching for the player. To do that click on “Add Club Pass Player” button in orange. If you find the player you can add them by clicking the “Add” button.
If you found the missing player you can now click the blue “Generate Roster” button and then “Activate” that CP or player onto the roster.
IF the player did not appear in the lookup there could be many reasons including wrong spelling, etc. You can simply “Add” the player to your team since your account is “UNLOCKED.” To do that you just click back on “Roster” in the grey menu bar, then click “Register New Player” and add any players you could not find.
Step 3b: Add a player from a different club – Player’s must go through their individual player account and register for the event as a guest before you will be able to add them. For help on that visit the GotSoccer help article here: Once the player has registered as a guest, click here to view how to find them and add them to your tournament roster.
Step 4 – Now that you have all the players added, you may need to remove one or two that are not playing for you in this tournament, or that are no longer on the team. First click the blue “Generate Roster” button.
Step 5:You will now see a “Deactivate” button to remove any player from the tournament roster only.
“LOCKED TEAM INSTRUCTIONS”
Your club likely maintains the player’s on your team account, so it should be mostly correct. The steps below will explain how to add a player from the same club, guest player, and “Generate” your roster where you can then also remove and players as needed.
Step 6a– Add a player from your club – You will need to use the orange “Club Pass” button. Once you click on that you can search for the player’s last name, first name, and age. If you find the player click “Add.” If you found the missing player you can now click the blue “Generate Roster” button and then “Activate” that CP or player onto the roster.
Step 6b– Add a player from a different club OR a player that was not found using step 6a – If the player did not appear in the search, it could be because your team is not correctly attached to the club, misspelling, or the player has not been added to the club on the GotSoccer side. You will add those players the same way you add a guest from another club:
Player’s must go through their individual player account and register for the event as a guest before you will be able to add them. For help on that visit the GotSoccer help article here: Once the player has registered as a guest, click here to view how to find them and add them to your tournament roster.
Step 7 – Now that you have all the players added, you may need to remove one or two that are not playing for you in this tournament, or that are no longer on the team. First click the blue “Generate Roster” button.
Once you click that you can hit “Deactivate” to remove a player from your tournament roster.
Step 8 – **Double Check Your Team Roster –
Regardless of if your team is “Locked” or “Unlocked” you can check your roster the same way.
Step 1 – Login to your team account
Step 2– Click on “Roster” in the grey menu bar and select “City of Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup” from the drop down list.
Step 3 – All players you want to appear on the tournament roster should have a blue “P,” orange “CP,” or green “G.” Make sure ALL CP and G players have been added to the tournament roster. Any players that do not have that designation will not appear on the game sheet and will not be able to play.
Example Showing 2/3 players on tournament roster:
Example showing all 3 player on tournament roster: